From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:08:16 -0500
Brian Morris writes:
[. . . ]

>>At the Regionals there were a lot of empty seats in the prime sections.
So who is getting them?  I assume the NC$$ controls the seats in those
sections and doles them out to whoever they choose.<<

[. . . ]

There are a couple of benign possibilities.  One is that the seats were held
by fans of specific teams who chose to skip that game, and another is that
the seats were held by people who bought the Regions/Frozen Four "package"
to ensure themselves of a 2001 Frozen Four seat, and who skipped the 2000
Regionals entirely.

BUT, some evidence that the reason is not so benign is that several folks
wrote in here saying that they had bought the "package" and had gotten an
"upgraded" location for the 2000 regionals.  That says that a lot of prime
locations are being held back.

>>Back in 1992 (granted, a long time ago Phinal Phour wise) I grabbed
tickets dead center, 12 rows up.  This makes me conclude the new ticket
> policy is a relatively recent one.<<

[. . .]

When I first watched the NCAA finals, way back in the dark ages when they
were always held in Colorado Springs, they didn't even sell reserved seats.
Tickets were general admission, and I was usually able to sneak in.

Clay