From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 07:47:23 -0700
On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, John Whelan wrote:

> > press conference; the entire day of programming was shuffled around and in
> > many cases (the soccer match) not rebroadcast, just so they could show
> > endless Jordan highlight reels.
>
> I was not aware of either of these events.  Were they scheduled live
> events which were not broadcast live for reasons other than a previous
> live broadcast running long?

I vividly remember that preemption of a Champion's League game and was as
livid at the time as I've seen some on this list over this.  What was
particularly galling was that the press conference was available
elsewhere on cable but that game was not.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
North Vancouver, BC