Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:23:36 -0500
>> Niagara was a good team this year, and they richly deserved an NCAA
>> berth.
>
> I still maintain that "richly" is stretching things a bit.  They
> certainly were no slouches, but there were 3 or 4 other teams that
> could have gotten in ahead of them if not for the flaws in the
> selection criteria.

How can you say there are flaws in the criteria when Niagara not only didn't get blown out in the tournament, but they WON a game (against a UNH program currently voted a top 10 team in the league, a team way up there in the PWR, a team considered to be from the "best" conference, and a team expected to blow them out)???

My take on Niagara's victory is it disproves at least for one year the theory that PWR is flawed.  It must.  I have a tough time buying the flawed argument now.