From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:52:40 -0500
That's the way I see it. I seem to recall back in the 70's and 80's before Cheel opened up at Clarkson, that the Knights always
were considered a very physical team known for their hard hitting and brutal checks in the corners and along the boards. When Cheel opened with a bigger ice surface, Clarkson changed their recuiting strategy targeting the likes of Eric Cole and Willie Mitchell whose forte' was speed, agility and stick handling. This change of focus along with the change of dimensions of their home ice surface complemented each other and has led to a continuation of the success Clarkson's hockey program has enjoyed over many long years.