From:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:28:29 -0500
I was as disappointed as anyone that FSNE had to cut the coverage of BU/SLU
but I understand the economics and legal situation that FSNE is in.  That
had to go to the Celtics game no matter how meaningless.  One, their
contract says they have to and two they probably made more money doing it.
What I fault them for is that they didn't begin showing the SLU/BU
conclusion until 7PM.  That was 45 minutes after the conclusion of the
Celtics game.  The Maine game was due to air at 6:30PM on tape delay.
Instead they show "Celtics Weekly" until 7PM instead of the conclusion of
the SLU/BU game.  And to boot, they give the final score and highlight of
the conclusion of the SLU/BU game.  They easily could have fit the game's
conclusion without the intermission delay into 40-45 minutes.

That is my problem with the FSNE coverage.