From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:58:04 -0500
Just a couple of quick observations.

The attendance was down a little at the Knick/Pepsi, but now seems a
stable 8500.  Two ECAC teams helped although the Michigan contingent was
bigger than expected.  Certainly was great to see so many Hockey-lers back
again.

But, my one complaint, one which I haven't heard repeated.  In the first
period of the Colgate/Michigan game a Colgate forward (don't remember who)
took a high shot which hit the netting on the top of the goal.  The red
light never came on, and Don Vaughn didn't protest, at least not
immediately.  But it was a goal.  I sat at the perfect angle to see the
goal--to the left of the goalmouth, 10 rows up, surrounded by Michigan
fans.  The puck did not hit the cross bar, it hit the net.  Also the puck
did not come out from the cage, it fell down.  Even the Michigan fans
around me agreed it was a goal.

If anyone has the game on videotape, please check this out.

As for 10 hours of hockey on Sunday, well, let's say a few beers would
have been nice.  While SLU outshot BU, BU had the higher quality stops in
the first two OT's.  A couple of Gustafson's point blank stops were simply
amazing.  I also note that BU really turned up the defensive pressure
starting in the third period.  SLU didn't seem to be able to back check
the way they had in the first two periods.

For the first two periods in the nightcap Maine seemed to be trying too
hard to make the perfect shot.  They make lots of cute passes down low but
keep forgetting to pull the trigger.  Suddenly in the third Maine
decided to just shoot the puck at the net, and a lot of good things
started to happen.  Kudos to Michigan's Comrie though who in my mind
completelyj justified his Hobey nomination with his superb play the
entire weekend.

For the Michigan fans, what comes after "C-ya" in the cheer?  Respond
privately, since I think it's obscene.

Finally, did St. Cloud steal the Montreal Canadians logo?
Brian Morris                   RPI Engineers
[log in to unmask]      Brad Tapper come back!

Picked all the games in Albany.  A little problem in Minneapolis.