From:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:30:13 -0600
Denver's coach George Gwozdeki (sp) made an interesting point in one of the
west regional games saying that the coaches seem to prefer the NHL sheet as
it lends itself to more of an offensive game as opposed to the defensive
minded game you play on the international sheet.

I don't see them because I'm in the States and only TSN (Canada) carries the
international games, but from what I'm told the European model is play trap
city and hope for the break.  Maybe I'm old school and maybe because I went
to a slam & bang school (Clarkson), but I want to see offense and contact.

Can anyone out there voice credence to Coach G's remarks?

Joe LaCour

PS  There's talk on USCHO about the Nationals in Orlando.  Waddya think?