From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:46:00 -0500
Tony Buffa wrote:

>>[. . .]I recall the goalie, Jack McCartney was it?, went on to play with
the Rangers for a while.... but to me that team was the real miracle on ice.
Started me on my way with 4 yrs of college hockey at RPI!!<<

Jack McCartan.  I think he had a shutout his first game with the Rangers,
but didn't last.  Lots of other names who were famous hockey names -- John
Mayasich, one of the original Minnesota legends, the Christian brothers of
hockey equipment fame, and the Cleary brothers.

Adam Wodon wrote:

>>Anyway -- the accomplishment of it [1980] is not what makes the event so
huge ... it's the SOCIAL implications - and simply the effect it had on
BREEDING more American players. [emphasis mine]<<

Yes, Adam, it was a truly orgasmic experience.

(Especially in light of the "Freedom of Speech" string, I apolgize to anyone
who's offended, but I couldn't resist extending the metaphor).

Clay