From:
Larry Winer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:35:44 EST
I am amused by all this concern about "freedom of speech". As the father of 2
D1 palyers and one a goalie-

A) Cornell the worst for their garbage throwing fans;
B) RPI fans who yell sieve etc and then don't understand ther rules of the
game
C) Princeton fans who can't fill up their building etc

yes hearing your last name followed by "sucks" is one of those things that
probably test ones mettle and I can tell you the players on both teams see
these type of moronic fans as just that- morons- if someone wants to send
their kid to Colgate for 30k + a year so he can yell profanities at my kid-
G-d bless em- all the profanity just reflects on the school and the student
body-

in the end the marketplace of ideas wins out and at the end of the day the
moron in the stands is still the moron in the stands and not the equal of any
player on the ice