From:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 20:57:09 -0500
>On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Jeff Kennedy wrote:
>
>> Albany/Buffalo/Syracuse/New York(?) competing with B/W/P would be a joke.
>> Those buildings would be empty without the local team for the last day.

Brian Morris replied:
>What?  Albany has probably been the best venue attendwise for the
>Regionals of any site.  RPI hasn't been to a Knick/Pepsi Regionals since
>1994.

I think you missed my point and then made a case for it.  Albany has done
well but take a couple of key teams out and it would be a bust.  Now, the
same can be said for Worcester but not to the same extent.  They may not
sell out without BU, BC, UNH or Maine involved but chances are one of them
will usually be around for at least the first day.  Albany would be fine if
they could guarantee a couple of key ECAC teams like RPI, UVM, Cornell,
Clarkson & SLU for a multiple region site set up.  They have not had a
decent showing in the NCAA's since UVM made the FF and Clarkson & Cornell(?)
made regional finals in 1996.

Albany has been aided by teams that travel well (BU, BC, UVM, UNH, Clarkson,
etc.).  The amount of fans locally in MA, NH & RI make Worcester, Boston or
Providence a can't miss.