From:
Powers Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:54:44 -0600
Clay Satow wrote:
> For example, Beanpot games are scheduled
> for 5:00 and 8:00.  In 1999, because of overtimes, the second game of the
> first round didn't end till around 1:00 am, and that's with only two games.

Up to this year, the prelim games for the Beanpot started at 6 and 9 pm.
This year, they changed the prelims to the same schedule as the finals.
Too, in 1999, both of the first-round games went to overtime, which is
very rare.

I think the last time (before last year) they had a problem with a late
finish was 1994, when the early game went late into double overtime
before being decided.

--
 Craig Powers                         NU ChE class of '98
http://lynx.neu.edu/home/httpd/c/cpowers

"Good..bad....I'm the guy with the gun." -- "Ash" in *Army of Darkness*