From:
John Leimonas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 05:47:29 EST
JUST FOR THE RECORD:
The Pepsi Arena in Albany, NY does NOT have an 18,000 seating capacity for
hockey.
This is from the OFFICIAL Pepsi Arena website:

<<<Arena History
Albany's Pepsi Arena, formerly Knickerbocker Arena, continues to have great
success as it enters its tenth year. Renamed in January 1997, the Pepsi Arena
is "Upstate New York's Premier Sports and Entertainment Facility."

Owned by Albany County and operated by SMG, the world's largest private
management firm for public assembly facilities, the Pepsi Arena has an
adaptable seating capacity of 6,000 to 17,500. Since Frank Sinatra christened
the building January 30, 1990, more than seven million patrons have walked
through the turnstiles as the Arena has averaged 149 events a year. >>>

I am a River Rats (AHL Hockey) and Firebirds (Arena Football) season ticket
holder, and the above 17,500 is probably the number for concerts, when floor
seating is also available.  I believe the most you could put in for hockey
would be in the area of 15,000.

-> Not a big deal, but it may be important to someone!