From:
Robb Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:57:55 -0500
Once and for all, winning percentage is:

(2*Number of wins + Number of Ties) / (2*Number of games played)

or, if you prefer, you  can factor out a two and get:

(Number of wins + 0.5* Number of Ties) / (Number of games played)

Either way, you get the same result.

Only incredibly rarely have I ever seen people refer to (Number of wins) /
(Number of games played) as a "winning percentage," even though this sounds
like the quantity implied by the title of the statistic.