Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 17:19:21 -0600
>I would say that the Mo Valley conference is more like the ECAC than the
>MAAC in that they probably won't win a national title but can still compete
>with the big boys on any given day. And I don't see anyone calling for the
>ECAC to lose their auto-bid to a mediocre HE, CCHA, or WCHA team.

hear hear.

honest question here -- in the 1990's, how many ECAC teams have made the
frozen four? I can only remember:
CLK 91
SLU 92
HVD 94
UVM 95

(Yes, I know Harvard won in 89. That ain't the 90s)

If that's all there is, that's only 4 teams out of 40. Yet the ECAC usually
winds up with at least 2 teams in the tournament, right?

Someone, please prove me wrong and point out that the ECAC has made it into
the Frozen Four at least 15% of the time (6 teams)... although that's still
a pretty low percentage.