From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne T. Smith
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:25:28 -0400
Joe wrote, in part..
> This winter, what takes priority, hoops or hockey?
>
> I think, being Maine, the answer is obvious, but with sponsors, you never know.

We'll see.  But the real question has NOT been men's hoops or
hockey, but WOMEN's hoops or hockey, in the past.  Last year the
closest I recall to women's hoops winning the broadcast slot was
during playoffs, and men's hockey and women's hoops essentially
shared a simulcast.  I loved it, but I don't recall many commercials that
night. It really was a great job by WZON at trying to please both sets
of fans.  I haven't tried to look at this year's schedule to see if there
will be conflicts. Last season, except for the above game, hockey won
out.

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                             mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
Co-owner of the College Hockey mailing lists