From:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Rickin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 06:55:25 -0400
>THE SCIENCE OF PENALTIES: Dr. John Walker, an emergency room
>  doctor who is part of the Texas Youth Commission, did a little
>  research into whether playing rough helps a team win the Stanley

It says, "did a little research."  I don't think this one required a
grant.  He probably sat at home with a lot of tapes of the last decade's
stanley cups or at least the box scores and counted.  Probably took him
all of about 15 minutes.  And, this was probably printed in te form of a
letter to a journal, not an actually article.

I'm sorry that you're getting so pissed off about this article, but say
that this was about second hand smoking?  Everyone knew before the 2nd
hand smoke studies that first hand smoke (i.e., smoking..) was dangerous.
Therefore, you'd probably say, "why can't people just extrapolate that 2nd
hand smoke is bad and not do the studies and spend money?"  because
politicians wouldn't do anything about it.  Once, howefver, it was proven
that 2nd hand smoke is bad, just like 1st hand smoke, smoking become
banned from virutally everywhere indoors (and out...)

Before you jump on someone and call them big names (such as ones
necessitating you to substitute letters with XX's) you might want to use
your noodle first and see why you feel such a study is such a personally
affront to you.  If you took everything that bothered you in life this
seriously, it's amazing you're even living at this point.