Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:42:01 -0500
Gerald Williams wrote:

> I couldn't agree with Brian more, they should take that whole pot load of
> money than women's athletics brings in to college athletics and use 100% of
> it to fund women's scholarships.  I love fairness, especially under the law.
>
> I can't wait until football is on network TV (big money) this fall and they
> fill Michigan Stadium with 105,000 people all paying $30 per ticket to then
> watch men toss the pig skin around. (3 Million per game.... Nice!)
>
> Or watch the hockey team play in side of Yost Ice Arena ($30,000 per game)
>
> And then after that game maybe we all can go to a women's volleyball game and
> sit with the other 50 people in the gym that paid $2 to watch that match.
> Maybe ABC will pick up that match too.
>
> Fairness, what a concept.
>
> And to all a good night,

Beyond the problem with this thinking that I've mentioned repeatedly, that you
ignore, there's another.  What is the logic process that leads you to the
conclusion that the profits from football, etc. should be used to fund men's
sports that can't support themselves, but not women's sports?  Particularly since
you seem to think that this would not only be ethically fair, but also pass legal
muster?

J. Michael Neal