From:
Scott Monaghan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:25:14 -0400
Please unsubscribe to Hockey-L.

Allow me a short vent on this topic,  as I need a chance to clog
mailboxes with some gobbledy-gook before I go too:

As Mr. Haussler stated,  I have been on this list for several years,
mostly as a lurker.  I started on it in 92,  when I still worked at Lake
Superior. But my delete key is worn out,  too.

And,  as those who know me can attest,  my tolerance for spending my
time reading posts (or anything else,  for that matter) from folks who
are simply talking--and not listening--is minimal.

This is no longer about a debate,  or a discussion.  It's like a bunch
of nine-year-olds arguing about how much of whose lawn is government
property.  It's like that episode of Frasier where his father and his
friend can't give in on who gets the last word.

A lot of the folks who contributed such insightful information from a
fan standpoint have dropped from the list in the last two years (maybe
someone has some statistics on this !?),  and I've lost interest in
hearing what is said.  There's still some great folks with good things
to discuss on here,  but they have been drowned out more often than
not.
And the arguments are no longer about the topic--they are about the
argument--and the arguers (sp?).  It's beginning to smell like partisan
politics on this list--and I have enough of that on "Crossfire".  And
it's MORE than one person.  Mom said,  it takes two to tango.  Anyway, I
don't need to have arguments over who played,  who didn't,  what
someone's sex is,  or whether they are being mistreated (or for that
matter--are mistreating others).

I thought we were just talking hockey.

Maybe I'll resubscribe in the fall,  when there's more "meat" to discuss
(oops! is that word to violent?)--and less rhetoric.  In the medium,
I'll save the addresses of those folks who I enjoy corresponding
with--and stay in touch.

Thanks.  I feel much better.