From:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Wodon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 11:42:39 -0500
> Bashing is a list specialty. Presented with reliable medical information,
> many of you balk, discredit or respond with an amazingly ignorant attitude. I
> guess caring about whether a player could skate away concussion free, or
> perhaps one less injury, doesn't matter at all to you. I know there are
> people on this list who are interested in information concerning safety
> issues.
>
> It has to be clear to everyone that this bashing has been a concerted effort
> by Wodon and Neal especially. I think it's pathetic that anyone would want to
> spend so much time trying to demean even published medical information,
> saying it's not a worthwhile study, without even seeing the full text.

Whatever ...

Vicki -- don't expect us to come running over to sing your praises when you post
a series of numbers with no meaning and no context.  Furthermore, you posted all
of this material without anyone asking for it, and without it having relevance
to the initial topic.

I'm very thrilled you are on a crusade against violence ... but don't expect
everyone else to sit here and take your regurgitation of medical study at face
value just because it comes from a medical journal.  Whoop de doo.

I'm not bashing you ... how many times have I said you have good points tucked
down deep somewhere ... it's your presentation of these points that causes the
problem.  You think I like arguing with you ... it's like clapping with one
hand -- entirely frustrating and ultimately pointless.

Perhaps you should be the one that realizes that you are looking at things with
blinders ... you constantly cite medical passages which, in reality, are
contradictory.  As someone who has actually conducted studies, and has studied
logic arguments, I can safely say that you would not have been a member of our
high school debate team.

> To refute and belittle the findings of The American Journal of Sports
> Medicine and The American Orthopedic Society is pathetic. But, this is really
> all about personally attacking me. Both Neal and Wodon have emailed me in
> private with personal attacks.      Retaliation and intimidation lives in
> some people.

Yup that must be it --- I don't recall saying anything privately that was any
different than publicly ... If you choose to perceive these as personal attacks,
that's fine.  I've never met you --- I'm sure you're a nice lady.  But your
argument are completely faulty.  Perhaps you will realize this and try a little
harder to come up with better ones. But probably not ... you will just continue
to tell us we have no clue because we won't buy into your published studies.

AW