From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 11:09:10 EDT

Bashing is a list specialty. Presented with reliable medical information,
many of you balk, discredit or respond with an amazingly ignorant attitude. I
guess caring about whether a player could skate away concussion free, or
perhaps one less injury, doesn't matter at all to you. I know there are
people on this list who are interested in information concerning safety
issues.

It has to be clear to everyone that this bashing has been a concerted effort
by Wodon and Neal especially. I think it's pathetic that anyone would want to
spend so much time trying to demean even published medical information,
saying it's not a worthwhile study, without even seeing the full text.

To refute and belittle the findings of The American Journal of Sports
Medicine and The American Orthopedic Society is pathetic. But, this is really
all about personally attacking me. Both Neal and Wodon have emailed me in
private with personal attacks.      Retaliation and intimidation lives in
some people.
Both these guys like to shell it out, can't take it in return though. What
typical bully behavior. I think the players have more integrity. At least if
they shell it out; they've learned how to take it in return.

The list has progressed in that a topic that wasn't tolerated at all a year
ago now entertains some semblance of discussion.

Vicki Price
Concussion Free Zone
at violentcontact.net