From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 01:01:17 EDT
Ben wrote:

And no offense to Vicki, but her arguments are more detrimental for
full-shields than for them. I might be going out on a limb, but I would say
most people on this list are smarter than the average joe blow and can
sniff-out bad cause-and-effect models. When the biggest advocater of
full-shields uses bad cause-and-effect models and facts with no relevance,
then that tends to leave bad impressions whether the cause is good or not.

I wouldn't call Meeuwisse's hypothesis that the full shield affords better
over all protection irrelevant. I'm advocating a safer game..period. Whatever
that takes. I'm not trying to sell anyone on either. I'm saying that it's not
all just about helmets and face protecion.

Everything I stated has relevance, maybe not to you.

Vicki