From:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 16:21:23 -0400
I remember seeing a display at the 1998 ECAC Tournament in LP on WIPSS.
This was a high-tech mouthguard designed to absorb the energy of the blow to
the chin and prevent the energy from reaching the skull/brain.  It did this
by holding the mouth open a little further then the conventional mouthpiece
which changed the location of "other" end of the jaw.

It was pretty interesting, at the time they were an ECAC sponsor but noticed
they were not on board for 1999.  It seemed to be a good idea but I could
see the contraption as cumbersome to hold in your mouth.

Anyone else ever heard of this product?