From:
John Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 14:25:47 +0200
Jeff Kennedy writes:

> I noted in the Clarkson schedule that it appears the ECAC has changed the
> pattern of it's schedule.  Teams would usually play each other at specific
> points in the schedule.  Example: Vermont would always play Harvard/Brown on
> the weekend after New Years and the last weekend of the regular season.
> This has been the case for a number of years.  I wonder what prompted the
> change?  I always thought the reasoning was to make it easier to schedule
> games years in advance because you always knew your schedule.

Well, small tweaks have been made in the past: Cornell/Colgate vs
Yale/Princeton has moved around between November and January, for
instance, but there do seem to be more wholesale changes in the
Clarkson and Union schedules that have come out so far.  (Cornell is
playing both teams in November, and neither of them have shown up
there in a while.)

Another strange thing is that both Clarkson-Cornell games next season
are on Fridays instead of one Friday and one Saturday, as usually
happens with travel partner games.
                                          John Whelan, Cornell '91
                                     http://www.amurgsval.org/joe/