Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:54:56 -0700
At 09:15 PM 3/25/99 -0500, Ambrose wrote:

>You might be right about the coaching but I think the key phrase is "high
>school".  The way D1 hockey is set up right now, you cannot win on a
>consistent basis with kids just out of high school playing against guys who
>are 23, 24 and 25.  It's a physical and emotional mismatch

Boston University has usually had a team with kids just out of high school,
especially during the 90's. Guys like Drury, McEachern, Amonte, Tkachuk,
Lachance, O'Sullivan, Grier, Poti... they all seemed to do just fine
playing against anyone. In fact, Grier, Poti and Tkachuk all seemed to do
just fine in the NHL when not even 21 years old -- against a considerably
tougher physical and emotional opponents.

Likewise, Boston College is for the most part, just out of high school.

greenie