From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 00:02:13 -0500
Greg Ambrose wrote:

> God, you're right.  I do care.  I care that there is more parity in
> college hockey and that teams like BU and Minnesota are not there.
> I see BU all the time and, if they deserved to be there, they would
> be.  But they were awful this year.  As far as Minnesota, I could
> never stand their all-Minnesota thing, and now that they're
> suffering because of it, I do care.   I am glad they are not in it
> and won't be for a while.  You are right - I DO CARE.

More parity in college hockey?  Michigan in for the 9th straight
time and 22nd time overall; Clarkson in for the 5th straight time,
9th in the nineties, and 18th overall; Michigan State in for the
6th straight time, 8th in the nineties, and 19th overall; North
Dakota back for the 3rd straight time and 15th overall; BC back for
the second straight time and 19th overall.  Even New Hampshire in for
the 3rd straight time, 6th in the nineties and 10th overall.  Yes...
I see the parity in college hockey.

As for the Terriers, they were not an awful team: awful teams do not
beat very good teams and BU beat several very good teams.  The
Terriers also prevented the Wildcats from have a perfect home record
this year, tying them, 2-2, at Whittemore Center.  BU also tied UNH,
2-2, and lost a well played game, 3-1, at Walter Brown Arena.

> And, BTW, you obviously don't know me or read my posts because I am
> very comfortable with the fact that other teams may be better than
> UNH.  It has been the case, most of the time, for oh these many
> years.  Now that we have a measure of respectability, I just like to
> make sure that people realize it.  That's all.

I have read Greg's posts and he is not comfortable with Boston
University having better teams and players than New Hampshire most
seasons.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
And as Greg mentioned to me in a private e-mail I really can not say
"Go Terriers" now, as they are finished playing for this season.
Instead I will say "Go Clarkson, 1999 ECAC Champions," and look
forward to next season when I can once again say "Go Terriers, 1999
Beanpot Champions."