From:
Will Anzenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Will Anzenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:57:23 -1000
just wondering how much of this applies to all college sports (e.g., I
swear the announcer at one of the basketball games at the fleet
mentioned the celtics banners) playing at pro venues.

I remember in providence, the pro shop being closed so you could only
buy ncaa logoed merchandise.  This wasn't the case at the fleet last
year. I can't remember the banners at the Finals last year,but I did
like the NCAA banners (and the opening montage).

In the alternative, I wish that the NHL/Fox/ESPN would mention where
the players attended college like the NBA does.  I know, not as big of
percentage, blah blah, but the NBA will mention where a player went
to HS in their broadcasts,

"Drop the puck" Anzenberger sends.