From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 05:24:29 -0500
Russell Jaslow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I don't think it is a matter of Clarkson having "an amazing number
> of alums for a school that size," but more a manner of hockey being
> the only game in town in Clarkson.  Heck, the only entertainment in
> town.  That, and a devoted fan base.

> It goes pretty much like this -- you go to Clarkson, you become a
> hockey fan.  You don't become a hockey fan, you flunk out.

I have a co-worker who went to Clarkson, graduated about 1972.   He
claims that he never went to hockey games.  This despite the fact
that he is a native of the North Country (Watertown).  He didn't
flunk out. :-)

I am thankful that he doesn't care about Clarkson's hockey team, or I
would be hearing about it continuously.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74