From:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:20:59 -0500
The BC broadcast was done through WEEI, a commercial station out of Boston.
They only did Friday night games and only during the NBA strike.
When the strike ended, so did the BC broadcasts.  I don't know
whether WEEI will pick this game up. I just checked their website as well
as the BC sports website and there is no mention of a broadcast.

Colorado College supposedly had an internet broadcast last year.
I can't confirm that since the games were here in Albany and I was
at the game. Perhaps someone from CC could find out whether they
will be setting up that broadcast again.

Ohio State's school radio station did broadcast some hockey this year
but it was erratic. Checking their website, it appears that the station
is off the air until next Monday due to spring break.

Last year, WRPI broadcast all 4 games over the internet from the
eastern regionals in Albany. Any schools near Worcester or Madison
planning anything this year?

At 04:53 PM 3/23/1999 +0100, you wrote:
>According to http://www.ptialaska.net/~carlsonj/uafhockey/lhockey.html
>the following schools in the NCAA tournament have RealAudio broadcasts
>
>1E. New Hampshire
>2E. Clarkson
>4E. Denver
>5E. Michigan
>
>1W. North Dakota
>2W. Michigan State
>4W. Boston College
>
>This means that unless there is additional RealAudio or RealVideo
>coverage, the Ohio State-Maine and St.  Lawrence-Colorado College
>games will not be broadcast live on the net.  (NESN, the only regional
>sports network that has a RealVideo feed to my knowledge, is not
>picking up the regionals feed to the best of my knowledge.)
>
>Does anyone know of any other planned live internet coverage of the
>regionals?

Mark Lewin
RPI '69