From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 09:58:45 -0700
HI Glenn:

You bring back fond memories. This was the ONLY NCAA game I ever went to
(out side of the pending Pond games :-) and it did NOT even involve RPI, we
just motored down the Thruway to see more hockey. I have described the
MI-Clarkson game to the list before, but Berenson was in it, and Clarkson
had a fantastic goalie, and I believe they won 5-4, but it was approx that
score going into the final period and I still recall the goalie seemingly
stopping 10 shots from Gordie alone in the last two minutes .. he was
stopping them with every part of his anatomy including ear lobes :-)

Of course, I was not rooting for Clarkson :-) but it was a great game and
at the time , a big upset and boost for eastern hockey, which was really
just a weak sister to the big western teams of the 50s and 60s.  Unlike
now, of course :-)

Tony
RPI '64