From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:18:12 -0500
Middlebury is a member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference
(NESCAC), a league of ten liberal arts schools who put academics first
middle and last.  They have absolutely no interest in participating in any
athletic endeavor where a competitor would be offering athletic
scholarships.

Middlebury's 5-year domination of D-3 hockey is an aberration of NESCAC's
competitive spirit.  To wit, NESCAC does not crown a league champion in any
sport.  They post conference standings at any time in alphabetical order.
For example, Williams finished the 1998 football season with a perfect 8-0
record, yet every year they end up in last place.

As for Wayne State, can anyone confirm if there are any teams still playing
in D-2 for 1999-2000?  I thought for sure that after this season the
division is dead and gone.

Edward N. Moller
Controller
Mount Ida College