From:
"Cheryl A. Morris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cheryl A. Morris
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:13:20 -0500
On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Eeyore wrote:

> I don't know if it involves changing priorities, but the committee picked an
> interesting time to not put attendance high on the list. I stand by my
> prediction that the West Regional is going to die in the ratings.  Maybe they

And you know what, I think the East Regionals are going to take a bath
attendance-wise as well.  No Boston teams in the tourney--bad karma for
Worcester.  Thank God Albany didn't end up with this draw.  You basically
have two teams with any fan base to accompany their teams--Maine and UNH.
UNH fans most likely will only be there for the final (with the exception
of Jim Love, who never has anything to do this time of year.  :-) )
Clarkson won't bring many because there aren't many fans in Potsdam to
bring.

I don't think this years Regionals are going to present much of a
marketing opportunity for the NC$$.

And, in answer to Lance Riegert--no, RPI didn't deserve to be in the
NC$$'s.  Their penchant for patsy schedules reared up and bit them in the
*ss.  The only SOS they had, excluding their traditional ECAC opponents
(read Clarkson) was UNH, and we all remember how that game turned out.
They also were handled by Niagara,  a perhaps bubble team.  Finally three
losses to SLU, 2 to Clarkson, in my book spells NO BID.

Now a little bird has told me that next year's schedule just might be a
little different...
Brian Morris                  RPI Engineers--Wait till next year