From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 15:19:51 -0700
having just ODd on tournament teams, the following story bears repeating:

Justin Kieffer was selected for an all star team and needed ice time.
Air Force's season was over and CC was out of town.  Falcon Coach
Serratore arranged for Kieffer to practice with the Colorado Gold Kings, a
WCHL team.  Apparently the Gold King coach was so favorably impressed with
Kieffer's work ethic that the coach wanted Justin to actually play in a
game.  Now I've got this second or third hand, and can not vereify the
details, but apparently that plan was approved by at least some generals
and possibly some NCAA folks as long as Kieffer received no money.

As such, Kiefer becomes (we believe) the second Falcon skater to play
professionally.

         charlie shub   University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
[log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]  -or-  [log in to unmask]
(719) 262-3492      (fax) 262-3369          http://www.cs.uccs.edu/~cdash