From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:13:30 -0500
Tony Buffa wrote:

>Just think a bit of courtesy
>and communication would have worked wonders here. The Pond guy blamed it
>on the NCAA for not telling them what and how many seats they wanted til
>last week. I find that believeable.

I think I have another take as to why the NC$$ delayed the release of Zero
Celsius Four tickets until very close to game time...

You may think it funny, but leaving so little time to hold your tickets as
a commodity, it reduces the possibility you could offload your tickets to
"brokers", or others.  This delay policy may be an anti-scalping scheme.  I
can't sell what I don't have; no one would "take your word for it" that
they would come, even with your charge statement in hand.  Show me the
ducats !!

You may recall from reports on H-L the number of ticket selling busts
outside the FleeCenter last year.  As someone with Bruins season tickets, I
can assure you the enforcement of those rules outside the building last
year was much more intensive than any NHL game.   Think the NC$$ had
something to do with it ?

It's not going to be any better next year, IMHO.  Having been to Providence
the last visit of the Remaining Four, it has the smallest seating capacity
for the Tournament since its' last visit to Rhode Island (that of the 3-OT
classic).

And then...if this trend holds true, those buying the Albany 2000-2001
combo special, you may be waiting until this time TWO YEARS from now before
you see your last three games worth of tickets !!

Ah, the price of succe$$...

Dan Doucette

***  Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing  ***
***            for a hockey team in Canada   ???           ***