From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:08:03 -0500
On Feb 5,  9:08, Joseph M LaCour wrote (about the WMU coaching situation):
>Any speculation on a new coach?  Any D3 candidates looking to move up or
>D1 assistants looking for the next step?

Here's a question I have... according to the press release (I think, or a
related newspaper article), the WMU AD said something to the effect that the
search for a new head coach would begin "immediately".  And what I'm wondering
is, can they really do that?  In the NFL (and in other pro sports, probably),
talking with a team's head coach or assistant coaches about openings with
another team during the season constitutes tampering, unless their current
employer has given permission to do so.  Anybody know if the NCAA has similar
regulations about colleges talking job availability with coaches/assistants at
other colleges while the season is still going on?

--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95                                             DJF  5/27/94
LET'S GO RED!!                                                  JCF  12/2/97
"You know it's going to be a rough flight when they tag your luggage *and*
 your big toe, just in case."
-- Gary Kern