Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:18:41 -0600
Bob Woodbury wrote:

> On 2/3/99, Gene Falck wrote:
>
> >What I would expect, exactly.  A question I have had for some time is "How
> >do they evaluate fan interest?"  Are there any surveys taken and if so
> >where could I find the results?
>
> Sorry you didn't read the entire post. A survey is taken at every game.
> It's called "attendance".

I don't know about the media, but if the athletic department is at all
sophisticated, they probably take more traditional surveys as well.  They're in
the business of marketing, and no marketer tries to operate any longer without
gathering data.  Whether someone on the outside can get a hold of these surveys
is another question.  Marketing folks tend to guard their data before their
kids.

J. Michael Neal