From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:44:41 -0500
I got a kick out Dan Doucette (and others, I guess) with their ranting and
raving about UNH, a Durham cover up, Umile a cheater et al.  Some Maine
fans have been waiting since their team's first suspension (1993-1994) to
get back at somebody . . . anybody!  The only problem is that, once again,
they look foolish.

Even if all you know about police work is watching NYPD Blue, you have to
know that investigations take time.  This incident involved several people,
most of whom left the area for semester break and did not get back to
Durham until 10 days ago.  Since the incident was not life threatening, my
assumption is that the Durham PD waited for everybody to return to school,
then ask their questions, sort things out and make their recommendations.
Considering the size of the Durham PD, I think they did a pretty efficient
job.  Now, as others have pointed out, our system of fairness and justice
will do its work.  Just like it did for UMaine and that paragon of virtue,
Shawn Walsh.

Greg Ambrose
GO UNH BLUE!!!
JASON KROG FOR HOBEY!!!