Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:41:53 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

This weekend saw the ECAC top six begin to split into haves and have nots.
Princeton, Clarkson, and St. Lawrence swept, while Colgate, Cornell, and RPI
*were* swept.  While it may well be that next weekend could see reverse
happen, I don't think so -- I think we've just seen the conference's top
three separate themselves out from the pack.

Next weekend sees the North Country teams host Dartmouth and UVM, where they
will be big favorites to continue their winning ways.  On the other hand,
Colgate and Cornell complete the home and home with Yale and Princeton, with
the added spice that Yale's sweep moves them into a flat footed with the two
red teams.   RPI, meanwhile, only has one league game (Brown) coming up, as
it gives up its game at hand over the other contenders.

The upshot is that the north Country teams are probably on their way to
running and hiding from the rest of the pack, unless the Tigers can stay
with them.  RPI, with a good chance at a win, should settle into a hold on
fourth.  That leaves Cornell, Colgate, and Yale to fight for the final home
ice slot.

-- Greg

--

*  Greg Berge