Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:02:31 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> > I agree that it is awfully touchy ground to start retiring college
numbers.

It also tends to run against the "team, not individual" spirit of the
college game.  Personally speaking, I'd be for Cornell retiring Ken Dryden's
number (and Ned Harkness' baseball cap) as the co-program creators, but
nobody else.  And I'd prefer a 25 year waiting period before retiring a
number (or for admission to a hall of fame, for that matter).

It would be interesting to hear from people who they considered their team's
"single greatest in history" to be  Could lead to some of those
intergenerational Howe vs. Orr vs. Gretzky battles, as well.

--

*  Greg Berge