From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:11:25 -0500
My first reaction was that it was an attempt by HockeyEast people to make
up for the fact that last year they pushed Chris Drury, despite the fact
that Krog and Mowers at UNH, to name a few, were also great candidates for
the award.  I take it as a makeup call.

I would think it would have no effect on a voter, who is going to go by
what they see, not what they are told.  I'm sure all the voters get all
kinds of tapes and other info mailed to them on a regular basis by a given
league or school.

I also agree it is a real turnoff for the average fan.  An advert for a
Hobey nominee - pass.  And to me it is odd, since I think Krog is a fine
player and doesn't need this commerical hype.  Though thinking about it
some more, I can imagine the kind of behind the scenes stuff that has been
done for candidates in the past!

The IOC, FIFA take bribes to award events!  What's next an investigation
of USA Hockey or the NC$$ - ooooo, what a concept!

/
 good shooting
 hungerf