From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:19:06 -0500
Fascinating how things change.  I remember watching several NCAA
Championships in the '50s in Colorado Springs.  If I remember correctly
(someone who's either a history buff or is older than me please correct me)
the finals were ALWAYS at the now demolished Broadmoor World Arena, because
nobody else was interested in hosting them.  CC and DU were real powerhouses
then, and CC especially had a big advantage when they made the tournament.
There weren't any regionals then, just four teams, two from the east and two
from the west, in the finals.

Clay