Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:59:42 -0700
Just as it's been for many other seasons over the last few years, the state
of Colorado has a shot of putting 2 teams into the Final 12.

Just imagine what would happen should Air Force suddenly be able to field a
team on that level, along with Denver and Colorado College playing well? 3
teams in the tournament *all* traveling 800+ miles.

Since it all does bow down to the almighty dollar, I've pretty much given
up on ever seeing a regional in Denver. Quite a shame, with the new Pepsi
center built in a sports-mad town. The committee would NEVER schedule the
(current) West Regional out here, but were it to move to 4 regionals, it
would definitely be a possibility.

And something tells me the Alaska teams would probably prefer a trip to
Colorado than to the Great Lakes region.

Who knows, maybe someday CU will add hockey (fingers not even bothering to
cross) and we'll wind up with 4 D1 teams in Colorado and still no regional
in sight.