Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:42:22 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

>  I'm not joking; with the season tickets I had
> in old Mariucci when I was a student, I could not see one of the nets.

That's valid of course, though in a 10k+arena at least *half* the seats are
"obstructed view."  They are simply obstructed by distance.  Watching the
Frozen Four from the upper deck (first row) last year was basically like
having a big TV party where some of your friends invite really unattractive
dates.  It is awful not to be able to hear the blades cutting the ice.

As I say, viva la difference.  The large arenas will stay where they are --
they generate $$ and that's the bottom line for people who have to pay off
large bills to... finance large arenas.    So let's also keep the small
arenas around in the spirit of diversity.

--

*  Greg Berge