Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 06:46:51 -0600
Andrew Christianson wrote:

> Well, if you want to strike up another argument, we could point out
how
> unfair it was that Michigan played that tournament game at home
against
> North Dakota.  Luck of the draw, I guess, but for the higher seeded
team to
> essentially play a road game in the tournament is rediculous.

As long as we're on the subject of beating dead horses, I'll repeat that
North
Dakota has no business complaining about being shafted in the seeding
department.  Was it unfair for them to have to play at Yost last year?
Probably, yes.  But let's go back one more year.  In the whole
tournament, what
team benefited the most from the idiotic decision to have the #1 and #4
ranked
teams play in the quarterfinals?  That's right: North Dakota.  Despite
being
lower ranked than either Michigan or Clarkson, they got an easier
regional
draw.  Call the trip to Yost a bit of unintended, cosmic payback that
even
worked to the benefit of one of the two teams hosed the previous year.

J. Michael Neal