From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 15:45:58 -0500
>Consider pro football - only one wild-card team (Oakland) has ever won the
>Super Bowl.  But doesn't it add excitement to have an Arizona in the mix,
>even if they did lose badly to Minnesota?

WRONG. My team, the DENVER BRONCOS (REPEAT TIME BABY!) won it last year as a
wild-card team. Sorry for the Dick Vitale impersonation...

Obligatory hockey content,
The way I see it, the people on here who don't want to expand it are like
the people in Omaha who don't want a new arena. They want the status quo now
and forever, despite the fact that the area (# of hockey team/city of Omaha)
is getting bigger. Well, the status quo can't work forever, and it's better
to be a little early and prepare for the future than to be late and have to
catch up after it bites you in the rear (which its starting to do in Omaha
with teh arena issue).
===============================
      Ben Flickinger
E-Mail:    [log in to unmask]
(Stanley Cup Champion) Detroit Red Wings Fan for Life
Proud resident of Bugaha(Omaha)-Home of the 1st Jim Rome World Tour Stop.
U!N!0! U!N!O!
Everyone can have a bad century or two. Cubbies all the way in 1999.
QOTW: "May 15, 1999" ("Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace" release date)