From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 20:17:09 -0500
>And the even more macabre part, you knew it was coming, we got the shot at
>campus sites for the round of 16, two-game total-goal series!!!  And
>follow that up with a weekend of the 8 teams going for another 2-game
>total-goal set, before the ultra four.  I know, I know, someone should
>wrap me in a blanket and smother me.  Let's go RED?

I didn't follow college hockey back when 2 game-total goal things were in so
I don't know if they're really popular or what, but personally, I think
either stick with a single game or go best 2 of 3, don't comprimise with
some half-@$$ wierd pair of games. I've heard stories of SNAFU's caused by
total-goal series, from teams playing the 2nd game half-hearted to teams
pulling a goalie while up 6-1 because they 'lost' the night before 6-0. That
isn't real hockey. You don't see baseball games being decided by 2
game-total runs or football 2 game-total touchdowns. Hockey shouldn't either.