From:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey Partnow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 22:12:51 -0900
Bill Fenwick wrote:

>The other star of the game for Ohio State was their goaltender,
>Ray Aho, who was making just his third start of the season.  I haven't seen
>regular starter Jeff Maund play, but if he's good enough to keep a guy like Aho
>on the bench, he's my nominee for first-team All-American.
=====Reply=====
Maund is GREAT, as good a goalie as I've seen in the past 5-7 years,
including Turco, Alban, Shields, Marc Magliarditi (what ever happened to
HIM?),and Blaine
Lacher. He's big, fast, positions himself well, doesn't give up rebounds,
and is physically aggressive. He can singlehandedly win you any game he
plays.

Aho, OTOH, is less consistent. When he's on, he looks terrific, and you
obviously caught him on a good night.

OSU has a lot, and I think they'll have a good second half. Last year's
Phinal Phour was no phluke.
--jeff

Jeff Partnow-- <[log in to unmask]>
Fairbanks, Alaska