From:
"Edward N. Moller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward N. Moller
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 13:40:04 -0500
On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:53:46 -0600 Ken Cutler wrote:

> If this season
> (especially following last year's performance) doesn't cook Woog's goose
> nothing will.

Is there any other coach in college hockey under as much pressure to win as
Doug Woog?  I can't think of any coach in the East that needs to put a winner
on the ice year after to year in order to maintain his contract.

Let's face it, the money just isn't there in college hockey to put the coach
under the kind of microscope as there is for football and basketball.  There
has been talk here in the past about Ronn Tomassoni being under the gun, but I
don't think so.  Whenever a coach has been fired because of his team's
performance, people on this list have made it a point to lambaste the school's
administration for imposing undue pressure.

Why should Doug Woog's situation at Minnesota be different than Ron Anderson's
at Merrimack?  OK, I know that's an extreme example; the money matters at those
two schools are obvious.  Curious mind just wants to know.

--
Edward N. Moller
Controller