Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:54:13 -0600
Kepler wrote:

> -Rocke wasn't even a hockey player -- he was recruited off the soccer team
> (yes, we were *that* desperate.  Perhaps we should start a tradition with
> yellow cards... ;-)  I wonder how often that's happened: you pull a guy from
> another *sport* to fill out your roster.

A few years ago, the Gophers raided the golf team for Andy Brink.  Of course,
he'd been a pretty good high school hockey player who went to school in Florida
as a freshman to play golf.  It really wasn't an enormous surprise that he did
well and played hockey for the rest of his career after transferring here.  The
rash of injuries was probably the difference between a mid-season call-up and
Andy trying out the next year.

J. Michael Neal