From:
Bill Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 17:15:40 -0500
> I've managed enough sites like USCHO in my day to know that there are some
> unfortunate responsibilities that go with the territory.

> Of course, the other responsibility, bite-in-the-ass that it is, involves
> dealing with criticism from your users -- and I'm sorry, but making excuses
> simply doesn't cut it.

     I notice the first paragraph above is in the past tense.  Could the criticism be the reason why you no longer accept those responsibilities?  (I don't really need to know).

     If we criticize USCHO enough, maybe we can get them to solve all of these problems by disbanding.  Who would benefit from that (except the contributors who could then find other (possibly more rewarding) things to do with their time?

     Despite their imperfections, I'm glad to have USCHO around.  Nothing's permanent.  Let's enjoy it while we have it.          -=>Bill<=-

Get free personalized email from GTE at http://www.gtemail.net