From:
John Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 10:43:05 -0600
     Having been at Union during the DIII days and watched from day 1 the
     DI experience, there is a big difference between upsetting a DI school
     (or a weekend sweep) and playing them every week.  I know that was
     definitely Union's experience the first few years.

     Anyone who thinks a DIII school can move up to DI with immediate
     success is kidding themselves. History does just not show otherwise.
     Almost without exception every school that has made the jump (from
     either DIII or DII) has taken several years to get their feet under
     them (and usually with expanded budgets also).

     And since RIT and Middlebury are getting so much talk, why not
     Plattsburgh, Elmira and Babson?? All have equally strong history as
     the other two.

     It does make for good conversation though!